HOW TO DEAL WITH "GLOBACOM LIMITED (GLO)" TERRIBLE NETWORK

September 02, 2017
                                                              #11

So for the benefit of those who don’t know what “GLOBACOME LIMITED”, popularly called “GLO” by Nigerians is, let me give you a back story. Glo is a multinational telecommunications company in Nigeria. They are a network service provider. Glo is a privately owned telecommunications carrier that started operations on August 29, 2003. It is owned by Mike Adenuga, the brother of the creator of Super Story (A popular Nigerian series) Wale Adenuga.

If you are a Nigerian then you can totally relate to this post. Over the past few years Glo has time over time fallen our hand with regular bad network. Honestly it is really appalling but we still keep using it because they have hooked us with their cheap and affordable data plans.
 I think this has to be said before I go on. Firstly, this post is just my honest view and I was neither paid nor forced to write this post. Secondly, I do not intend in any way to disrespect or defame the creators, managers and the Company Glo, I just want to share my opinion and tips with the world. Soooo!!!

I recently started using my Glo sim card to browse again after I realized that I spend way too much on MTN Data plans and as a broke ass girl I had to go for something affordable. So let me get straight to it, here are three (3) ways and things to do while using Glo Network without feeling like killing yourself due to the terrible and really slow network.

  • 1.   You know the saying “DON’T PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET”, well, do just that. DO NOT have data or credit on only your Glo sim card because you are definitely setting yourself up for an inevitable disappointment. Glo will definitely fail you whenever you really need them. Always have at least 100MB on another sim card just in case you need to send a quick message on whatsapp, post something really lit on Snapchat or better, go Live on Instagram. Imagine running into a celeb like Toke Makinwa or Wizkid and you want to go Live on IG and brag or post it on SC and you get hit with “Unable to connect” or “Network Unavailable”, just imagine the agony. You could literally die from the frustration. So in order not to die of heartbreak Please Please always have  extra data no matter how small on another Sim card. Thank me later.


  • 2.   Glo is a “If you shift you lose connection” kind of Network. This means that once you get the perfect spot and position where the network is really fast and it feels like you’re using a fast but cheaper Etisalat Network, DO NOT move. This is really important people. If it’s an uncomfortable position then you have to choose between comfort and slow network or discomfort and really fast network. For me I would definitely chose the latter because, who comfort epp?  So once you get the right spot, my dear please don’t move until you are done with whatever you were doing.




  • 3.   I bet we have all heard that “PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE” well, you have to have loads of that virtue if you don’t want to go mad from Glo’s frustrating and slow network. If you are not naturally blessed with patience please do not venture into the GLO business, just avoid them like the plague.


Well, that’s all for now guys. I am not in any way whatsoever deterring or trying to deter anyone from using a GLO. As I stated earlier on in the post, I am currently a Glo user because they have me hooked with their cheap data plans and their 200% bonus on every credit you load. Who doesn’t like freebies.




DISCLAIMER: THIS INFORMATION IS TRUE TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE AND I AM BLOGGING FROM EXPERIENCE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR, DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF USE, REFERENCE TO, OR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE BLOG.

No comments:

COPYRIGHT © 2017 PASE OMOBOLANLE. Powered by Blogger.